Held in Maidenhead, this four-week class will take you through the basics of sewing as we make Luna Pants, a popular pattern by MadeByRae and a cushion with piping and a zip. This class includes access to the online beginner’s dressmaking course and the online cushion class, your own Luna Pants Pattern and a roll of PatternTrace paper, a bundle that retails at £76
In this course, we will cover
- reading a dressmaking pattern cover and instruction
- how to choose the fabric types and applications
- identifying the correct size to make for any shape
- cutting out the pattern and transferring the pattern markings to the fabric
- how to sew consistent seams
- learning to finish garments professionally on your machine
- learning to cut and apply binding
- a super simple method to install a zip
- making and applying piping
It’s a jam-packed class with so much to learn. Each course only has places for five participants and each session is 2 1/2 hours long.
Should you wish to make a different garment – I can accommodate this. In this instance, please message Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss it.