In this video class, you will learn my own improv quilt style using my simple method to be original without even trying. I find putting quilts together in this way such a breath of fresh air. Whilst it can be a little scary to see how your own design comes together, it is also really liberating. As well as full video instruction also included are downloadable notes. More detail about this video class is available below.
As with all my video class, it is yours to own forever. You will be able to revisit it as part of your own GillyMac Video Library.
This bumper video contains all you need to understand how to start and develop your Improv Quilting Style. You will learn how I approach this patchwork technique and why I love it so much. It is incredibly mindful and easy to grasp. A full set of printable notes accompanies the video.
In this video, you will work along with me as I make up a new Colour Pop Improv quilt. Specifically, the video covers the following topics.
- My basic building blocks of improv quilting
- How to build your quilt by adding additional pieces to build it up without excessive trimming
- How to approach quilting your piece
- How to create my signature borders
- How to use these principles and use a photo, image or picture for colour or shape inspiration
This is undoubtedly my natural style of patchwork. I do with my scraps of fabric whenever I get the chance, and it is the way I most enjoy sewing. This is the foundation video of the series being planned for release over the coming years.