This 2 ½ hrs online course focuses on the basics of patchwork, applique and quilting. You can choose to make this quilt in a lap size (54” sq) or a baby size (42” sq) version. I have taught this class many times, and every time the results are individual and outstanding.
What You Will Learn
- Cutting fabric successfully every time using a rotary cutter,
- Sewing a consistent 1/4″ seam
- Creating a primary fix for your applique pieces
- Choosing the right stitches to use for machine applique
- Sewing your applique pieces neatly every time
- Creating the quilt top with perfectly matching seams
- Setting up your machine up for quilting.
- Learning how to create easy quilting lines across your quilt
- Creating and applying your bias binding
- All this and many helpful and time-saving tips along the way.
What To Expect From A GillyMac Online Class
Gill delivers the information and reinforces it with close up demonstrations. Each step of the quilt-making process is covered. This course is an excellent primer for anyone starting their patchworking journey or wanting to revisit core skills. The class comes with supporting class notes.