Beginners ‘In Person” Patchwork Course spread over 5 weeks to make this glorious quilt in wither a 42″ square or 54″ square version. Five places only on each course. Full description of the course below ⬇️
I made the original version of this quilt for display at Liberty of London and created this course for a patchwork novice to learn the fundamentals of cutting, sewing, appliqué and quilting. I have tweaked this course over many years to create the perfect class for beginners. In addition, you will have access to the entire course as an online video on demand to support your learning.
The project can be created in one of two sizes, either baby quilt size (42” square) or lap size (54” square). The design with hearts can be changed to stars if desired. The quilt design has been developed to minimise fabric waste and make it economical. During the five-week course, you will learn
- How to cut fabric accurately with rotary cutting tools
- How to balance the colours in your quilt
- How to use glue webbing in a quilt
- The process of preparing raw edge applique, choosing and stitching out an applique stitch
- How to sew a consistent ¼” seam allowance
- How to build the quilt from blocks
- How to create a simple quilt back
- How to layer a quilt with wadding and backing
- Using a walking foot to quilt the project
- We are developing and applying bias binding to your quilt.
My classes are easy-going and fun. The class size is limited to 5, so I can give each person adequate time to learn and enjoy this brilliant pastime.
I will send out the fabric requirements six weeks before the start of the course. Should you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fridays 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st March 10am – 12.30pm, Tuesdays 13th 20th 27th June & 4th & 11th July 7pm – 9.30pm